Free trial pairs of contact lenses

If you have an eye appointment soon and you wear contact lenses, you can sign up for a free trial pair of Focus Dailies. Just click on the link above and answer a few questions and you'll then be able to print a certificate for a free trial pair.

More free trial pairs of contact lenses available:
Acuvue Oasys
Acuvue Oasys with Astigmatism

I've never tried printing certificates like these and taking them into my eye appointments. Have any of you? I'm just curious if they fulfill them easily or if they want to charge you extra money or give you some hassle. I suppose it depends upon your eye doctor but if any of you have had experience with these, I'd be interested to hear how it went for you.

Comments

1. Karen says

My eye doctor always promotes them to me when there are try me free ones or also buy so many boxes get some free because they aren’t really out of the money in those instances since it is in a rebate form from in my cases acuvue. The eye doc only does tell me about the ones that best fit my eyes but when i changed brands a few years back that’s when i tried acuvue free. no hassle at all.

2. kimberly says

I got a free trial pair from my doctor without the certificate and I think anyone can. You start off with a pair to use for a week and then you come back and order and pay for the actual lenses.

I just visit the Walmart eye doc, and she always has given me a pair to start out with. I guess the only time you would want the certificate is if you were unhappy with the contacts you purchased and were within the 1-year contact prescription expiration period.

Yeah, last time I was in to get contacts, I had one of the certificates, and my eye doc explained that it wasn’t necessary. Anytime he wants me to go to a new contact, he’ll always do a trial pair first, to make sure I can wear them with no problems. These certificates are usually just a way for the manufacturer to advertise. Of course it’s a good idea to check with your eye doctor first, but most you’ll find will give you a free pair of whichever kind they feel are best for your eyes.

Oops, almost forgot, there could be some other charges, depending on your vision insurance, and how your eye doctor’s office is set up. Generally speaking you have to have a contact lens exam/fitting fee. Since they have to do different measurements for contacts, etc… It’s usually about $35, so if you are just going for a free pair, depending, you might spend more out of pocket. It’s probably only most useful if you’re considering contacts anyways.

6. Denise says

My daughter wears contacts and she has had contact eye exams at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. Both of them have you wear home a pair of contacts to make sure that they will work for you. We haven’t ever used a coupon. We have no optical insurance, so it was $84 for the contact eye exam at Sam’s Club. They guarantee the lowest prices on contacts.

7. Pamela McAllister says

I just had a contact appt. My eye doctor tried 3 other brands on me and I still wanted the ones I have been wearing for years. I wear toric 66 B&L. I hated all the other brands they did not fit right, Dr. H told me when I do my fitting each year I could try what ever I wanted no coupons needed.

8. denise says

I am an optech in a dr’s office and you should get a free pair of contact lenses with every yearly eye exam. Our dr does this.

I have worked for eye doctors for several years. They have always given free contacts when you are trying a new brand or dramatically different prescription. We used to laugh when people would bring in the certificates, because they are free anyway. It’s just an advertising tool used by the contact lens companies. As mentioned before, your eye doctor will recommend what he/she thinks is best and will usually let you try as many as you like (within reason) until you find something that works.

10. Jessica says

Most places give you a pair to wear for a week to ensure that they work for you. I’ve worn the Dailies and they are great. But I’m blind and lazy so I prefer the Night & Day lenses that I wear. You can wear them for up to 30 days straight and sleep in them as well. I’ve been wearing them for several years (not the same exact pair of course) and LOVE them. I’ve been wearing contacts for almost 20 years now (gosh I’m getting old) and the Night and Day are just the easiest to deal with.

11. Mary Kaiser says

Go to ColgateTotal.com/OHA and enter code 009254
    for a $1.50 coupon off Colgate Total while supplies last.
    Limit one coupon per household.

I am a registered dental hygienist and recommend this toothpaste for ages 10-100! It may be a little too spicy for younger than 10.

12. Amanda says

I am an Optician and work at an Ophthalmologist’s office. Any coupons for trials are just to get you in the door. We give trial CL to anyone with an exam, as well as if you would like to try any new brand you are interested in. All clinics get a certain amount of trials to let patients try for free. Every different company is competing for your business!