Free downloadable coupon spreadsheets

It's the beginning of the year and that means it's a great time to not only start using coupons and bargain shopping, but it's also a great time to consider tracking your expenses versus your savings as well as bargains and sale trends for your area.

To help you out with this, Andrea has put together her spreadsheets in a free downloadable format right over here. She has detailed explanations on how these work for her family and how you can make them work for you as well.

Let me be quick to assure you, though, that you don't need to have spreadsheets or track things like this in order to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year shopping sales and using coupons. In fact, I've never done anything like this. Truth be told, I don't have a price book; I don't keep written track of sales; and I certainly don't use spreadsheets.

Instead, I just remember the basic numbers I need to know in my head (my price targets, how often something normally goes on sale, etc.) and I just stick with knowing my budget, planning my grocery list and menu around the store sales, organizing my coupons, and going shopping. Extra steps to input stuff into a spreadsheet would be a tedious and time-consuming exercise for someone like me. And I've save a'plenty without doing so.

However, if you're not like me and spreadsheets are your thing or it's important for you to have a record of things so you can remember these things, definitely go check Andrea's spreadsheets out.

Comments

1. krissi says

Wow, it’s like you were reading my mind. My sis-in-law and I were just talking about a way to chart how much we save using your site…thanks for all that you do!
    krissi

Thanks for including the files, Crystal! I don’t keep a price book either since it seems that the cycles, etc are engrained in our DNA after a while. But, I’m such a numbers geek that these files are fun to play with for me – and show me a tangible result of my efforts! I hope they help others too!!

This looks helpful to keep up with how much you spend/save. I’ll probably use that one, but not the price comparison one. I just wanted to tell someone who really understands how sad this is–I lost/someone stole my coupon book today… I am quite sad.

Wow, I’m surprised to read you don’t use spreadsheets to add your savings or amounts spent! Do you have an overall budget spreadsheet? I just revamped mine for 2009.

*****************
    Money Saving Mom here: Absolutely! But my hubby is the “numbers geek” at our home and he takes care of all of that. I just help make sure we stay on track by sticking with the budget we’ve agreed upon and finding the best deals. I suppose you could say that he’s the brain and I’m the feet. And we’re quite the team together. :)

Thanks so much for this! I have always collected coupons but never used them, silly I know! So this year I hope to start not only clipping coupons but USING THEM! I will see if the spreadsheet will help me better! Thanks tons!

6. Takisha says

Thanks for adding this! I have wanted to do this for several months and this makes it so much easier! Thanks Andrea and Crystal :) I am adding away now and actually seeing the numbers I am amazed!

7. Amber says

I love this spreadsheet. I filled it out and let my husband look at it. Now he gets why I fiddle with my coupons, clip, search, and fly around the store like a werrido looking for CERTAIN products, not just any will do with coupons.
    Thanks for letting him see the numbers!