Grocery University Huge Sale! Grocery University Huge Sale! Current Price $8.97
Time Left at This Price!
Buy Grocery University »

CVS: Screaming Black Friday deals (November 27-29, 2008)

Alrighty, folks, I promised you I'd give you the run-down on the CVS Black Friday deals and are you ever in for some good deals! I haven't much lamented the fact that we said goodbye to CVS when we moved a few months ago, but I have to admit I'm definitely wishing I could run out and snag these deals at CVS. However, since I can't, I'm hoping plenty of you can.

The great news is that these deals start on Thanksgiving day, not the day after Thanksgiving, so make sure and carve out a little time before you actually carve that turkey, to make a quick run to CVS:

Here's a run-down of the sweet deals, with thanks to The Thrifty Mama for her help in compiling these. These deals are all good Thursday through Saturday (November 27-29, 2008). My guess is that many stores will sell out fast so I'd advise shopping early on Thursday:

Buy 1 Colgate Total Toothpaste at $2.99, Get $2.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $1.50/1 printable here or $1/1 from the 11/02 SmartSource insert
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Aussie Hair Care at $2.99, Get $2.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $1/1 from the 10/12 P&G insert
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 CoverGirl Smoothers pressed powder at $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 1)
FREE after ECBs!
Limit 1
Use $1/1 from the 10/12 or the 11/2 P&G inserts
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 CoverGirl Smoothers liquid makeup at $7.99, Get $7.99 ECBs (Limit 1)

Use $1/1 from the 10/12 or the 11/2 P&G inserts
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 L’Oreal Colour Juice sheer lipgloss
at $6.99, Get $6.99 ECBs (Limit 2)

Use $1/1 printable here
(You'll have to register and go through a survey to get the coupon.)
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Sally Hansen maximum growth plus
nourishing nail color at $3.79, Get $3.79 ECBs (Limit 1)

Use $1/1 from the CVS Beauty Book
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Johnson's Soft Lotion at $5.69, Get $5.96 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $1/1 printable here or $1/1 from the 11/2 RedPlum insert
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Bic Soleil Single Razor with 2
Cartridges at $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 2)
Use $3/1 from the 11/2 SmartSource insert
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Garnier Nutrisse Cleansing Towelettes
(25 ct.) at $5.99, Get $5.99 ECBs (Limit 1)

Use $1/1 from the 11/9 RedPlum
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid
Foundation at $8.99, Get $8.99 ECBs (Limit 1)

Use $3/1 from the 10/26 RedPlum insert or $2/1 from the 09/21 RedPlum insert
Free plus overage after coupon and ECBs

Buy 1 Magnavox Universal Remote or Philips
Headphones at $6.99, Get $6.99 ECBs (Limit 2) Free after ECBs

Buy 1 Gatorade (20 oz.) at $1.49, Get $1.49 ECBs (Limit 3)
Free after ECBs

Buy 1 Hershey's King Size Milk Chocolate
Bar at $1, Get $1 ECBs (Limit 1)

Free after ECBs

Buy 1 5-Hour Energy at $3.99, Get $3.99 ECBs (Limit 1)
Free after ECBs

Buy 1 Schick Quattro Razor or Trimmer at $7.99, Get $6 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $2/1 printable here or $4/1 in the December All You magazine
Free after coupon and ECBs (and free plus overage, if you have the $4/1 coupon!)

Buy 1 Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons
at $3.99, Get $3 ECBs (Limit 1)

Use $1/1 from the 10/5 SmartSource insert
Free after coupon and ECBs

See all Black Friday deals at CVS along with the ad scans here.

********************************
Since the deals are so spectacular, I'm posting a Mr. Linky below for you to share your deal scenarios or pictures of what you purchased. Remember that links not going directly to your blog post on Black Friday CVS deals will be deleted in order to keep things efficient and easy to navigate.

Comments

I have $33 in ECB’s. I’m heading out as soon as the Turkey’s in the oven on Thursday. This deal is good enough that I’ll probably make two transactions!

2. Tara says

I have been getting $10/50 coupons regularly at CVS.

It is worth mentioning that CVS I have seen some places that there is a limit of $40 ECB earned per transaction. I called CVS customer service and the rep I talked to said he was not aware of a limit on spending or recieving ECBS, but I guess people should shop at their own risk with that in mind.

I wasn’t going to go anywhere, but now that I see THIS and I have a 4/20 Beauty purchase, I guess it’s a no-brainer. Plus, Nanna will be here to babysit. What time do they open??

4. Nic says

I just got a $5/$30 in e-mail too hmmm :) I might have one of those $4/$20 off of beauty too, but it may have expired, need to check on that.
    Thanks!

5. LK says

I have a 4$/20$ coupon for Beauty. Anyone know what items would this include? Shampoo? Toothpaste? Makeup? Confusing, it doesn’t really say on the coupon.

6. Jessica says

I received a $5/$30 coupon in my email today too!! Woot!

Also, I called my 24-hour store and asked when the deals will start and they said 12:01AM on Thanksgiving. I am definitely going then instead of the morning!

7. Susan says

I have a question about the All You magazines. Are they different by region? I looked in mine and didn’t see the razor coupon. Maybe I just missed it, although I looked twice, where was it in the magazine?

8. Patty says

It was last Thanksgiving that I started at CVS after reading this and other sites. It’s been a good year. I am not complaining, but I have so much toothpaste, makeup, razers I kind of was hoping some of the Friday deals were like last years, e.g freezer bags, and other household items. And really, I don’t mean to complain, this just gives me more toothpastes, etc that I can give away.

9. Melissa says

I don’t think the 11/2 insert coupon will work for the Johnson’s lotion – that coupon is only for baby products.

10. Donna says

I just bought the Maybelline Mineral Foundation on Sunday and got the ECBs for that. It’s listed on the Black Friday deals, too. Does that mean I could do the deal again and get ECBs this time, too? Anyone had experience with this? Should I call CVS customer service and ask them?

11. Katherine says

Do you think these deals actual start at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday morning? I’m kind of a night-owl (no kids yet), so I would go just after midnight if the deals would already be active. Just curious if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!!

12. marvholly says

I scouted 4 of my 5 CVS stores (5th is 10.5 mi at work) within 1/2 mi to 7 mi of me Sun & Tue. They all had gotten their trucks and will NOT be getting another before the sale starts. NONE had more than a few of each free after ECBs items; I mean count on 1 hand with fingers left. Several stores did NOT have any of some of the appliances and only a couple of most. Nuts: 5 bottles of macadamias 7 10 cans of cashews. Toys are a very limited selection and practically nothing for the under 1 yr crowd.

I think quite a few people will be VERY disappointed.

13. Amy W says

Are these deal nationwide?
    What ad were they found in? I always like to have the ad in hand when I shop at CVS in case there are any problems with ECB’s printing or the pricing of items. I did not see these deals in my regular weekly CVS ad (if I’m not mistaken I think that is where the black friday deals were listed last year?)

Thank you in advance anyone who answers my questions!

Amy

14. Michele says

I was not prompted to take a survey on the Loreal website. Can anyone tell me where I should go? Thanks!

FYI – call your CVS before heading out tomorrow (Thursday); I just called around to our local stores: one is closed, one has limited hours, etc. Efficiency might be the key, so you can return home asap! :) Happy Thanksgiving.

16. maya andrews says

BK, Michele, Jennifer about the Loreal coupon:
    It is slow loading site. You want to register email password ect. then chose to do the survey: It is called “Can I Help You” in purple bow, lower right (on my screen at least) You can kinda skip through it quickly and after each segment (haircolor, skin, new look…) you can print a coupon. It shows up in lower right also. All coupons picture haircolor but are for ANY loreal product. I did the survey about a month or two ago. I was able to go back today and print 2 more without go through the surveys.

17. Katherine says

I just got back from my CVS run (at 12:01 a.m.!)–my store had everything except the IPod headphones! I haven’t added it up, but I’m pretty sure I came out with an additional $30 in Extra Bucks and two sacks of stuff! Such amazing deals! Crystal, I can’t thank you enough for helping me to put those deals together! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

I made it to CVS this morning and did four transactions. I did most of the ECB deals. I left with as many ECBs as I started with and was OOP about $25. I also bought a Sonic Care Toothbrush, which is something we’ve been thinking about getting!

19. mistyG says

i went to cvs this morning & there was a line of about 20 people outside the door. it was so much fun hunting for the bargains. the manager at the cvs in my town is so nice and helpful. he was walking the aisles helping us find what we needed from the ad. i bought about $60 worth of items for $5 and i got $58 in ECBS! what a blessing! happy thanksgiving!

20. Stacy says

I need to return the Maybelline since I thought the Black Friday ECB deals wouldn’t be affected by me already reaching my limit. I also need to switch the Cover Girl pressed powder, since apparently I grabbed the wrong one. So the numbers are a wee bit off.

No Hershey ECB, but I’m not quite sure why. Will ask when I go back.

I started with a $44.98 and $17.98 ECB.

[B][U]Transaction 1:[/U][/B]
    (2) Hersheys King Size Bar @ $1.00 each
    (2) Gold Emblem Gummy Bear @ 88 cents each
    (2) Aussie Hair Products @ $2.99 each
    Playtex Glide $3.99
    Johnson Soft Lotion $5.69
    Schick Quatro Titanium $7.99
    (2) Colgate @ $2.99 each
    San Disk 2gb Memory Card $9.99 (b4 Black Friday $39.99:cheer)
    5 hr energy shot $5.99
    Gatorade $1.49
    Maybelline Mineral Foundation $8.99
    Sally Hansen Max Growth Nail Polish $3.79
    Garnier Towelettes $5.99

-$10/50 + coupons on almost every item
    -$44.98 ECB (rounded down to $43.63) =
    [B]71 cents oop[/B] and earned:

$5.98 (2 Aussie)
    $5.98 (2 Colgate)
    $1.49 (Gatorade)
    $6.00 (Schick Titanium)
    $3.99 (5 hr Energy Drink)
    $5.98 (Garnier)
    $5.69 (Johnson & Johnson)
    $3.79 (Sally Hansen)

$13.98 ECB (Loreal)
    $7.99 ECB (Cover Girl)
    $13.98 ECB (Philips)
    + I will get another $7.99 ECB for Cover Girl

Totals for Day:
    entered with $62.98
    left with $72.08 in ECB and all those goodies. Plus I will get a return for the $8.99 Maybelline I have to return, and the Hersheys if I can’t get the ECB.

21. jan says

I went at 9am this morning- my store had all the items except the Soliel razor- which they are always out of. One annoying thing happened= they would not let me buy 2 Aussies with 2 coupons- I could only get one.

22. Holly williams says

Susan—I am in GA and my coupon is on page 88 in the
    Dec All You mag–I wouldn’t think it would be regional but am not sure. I have a subscription. Hope this helps!

I decided to try the 11/2 insert coupon for Johnson baby products, and it went through just fine at my CVS.

I also used a “L’Oreal Lip Color” insert coupon and that worked on the lip gloss, and I had a Sally Hansen Nail Plus insert coupon that worked (I don’t get the All You mag).

My store had everything at 10pm Friday night; it looked like they got tons of stock in anticipation–or no one else had been there!