Super Savings Saturday: CVS and freebies

We have yet to go grocery shopping this week so I haven’t much to report here. We’ve been well-stocked here so I was able to extend last week’s groceries for a few extra days–I love it when that happens!

We’re out of milk now, though, so I’m planning to make my weekly trip tomorrow. I’ll post about tomorrow’s shopping trip early next week and also share our menu for the week since so many of you have requested I continue to post our menus. Stay tuned!

We didn’t do our major grocery trip of the week yet, however, we did make two trips to CVS on various errand outings and I
also quickly stopped by Price Chopper for some $1.88 Blue Bunny ice
cream (!).

You can see one of our CVS shopping trips here and just for fun you can also see some of the freebies we got in our mailbox this week here.

——————-
How’d you do this week? Post
about the deals and bargains you were able to snag this week on your
blog (with pictures, if possible!) and then come back here and leave
your link below.

Comments

Hmm, tried Walgreens this week. I felt so lost in a store that was not CVS! Sure, I’ll have a $6 profit after the rebates come in, but the learning curve was steep!

2. Jamie lea says

Crystal, I updated my email information at CVS.com tonight and got a $4 off $20 coupon in my email. Is this something I can print more than once or I’m I only allowed to use it once?

3. Jamie lea says

Wow, that was my comment about the $4 off $20 coupon (jamielea) not sure what happened?

Crystal, the new site looks great! I’m having Blogger buyer remorse!

I know how much work it is to move a blog (I moved from WP to Blogger – oh, why did I do that!!) so congrats on making your move so seamless for your readers.

Have a great weekend!

5. Jennifer says

I was so excited at CVS today…I had a coupon from the Sunday paper a week or two ago for $9.99 off of the FreeStyle blood glucose monitor which is on sale until today for $10…so I paid 1 penny for it and got $10 in ECB’s!!!

6. Tracy says

Love your blog. I’m new to this whole CVS thing. Went for the first time last week. I’m wondering where you all get the $3/15 coupons and such. A “tips” post for newbies would be great! Thanks!!

Just had to tell you that the Target Perfect 10 and the Pantene gift card deals were most definitely working at my local Target!! I bought many things (using manufacturer coupons and the Target no-clip coupon)and had a B1G1 plus a $2 off coupon for the Perfect 10 so paid NOTHING and got back $10 in gift cards for the effort! The Pantene was regular price but you got the gift card so I used 3 of the $2 off manufacturer coupons from the CVS magazine (with Queen Latifah on the cover) and used one of my $5 gift cards, paid 38 cents and got another $5 gift card! How awesome! I have only been couponing for a few months but I NEVER could have done it without you!

8. Heidi says

I have a question about CVS – maybe you can help. I have been saving, but I haven’t gotten any $3/15 or $4/20 coupons. I linked my card with their site at least 4 weeks ago, but haven’t gotten any emails, mailers (except what is in the newspaper). Any idea when the ECB’s get credited that I am building up – the ones that show on my online account and my receipts? thanks for your help – and I like your new site!

9. Cynthia says

How I wish I had a CVS within driving distance! I just went to Long’s to test drive their system – it seems that no one is blogging on Long’s deals or rebates. I just got the following on one trip through:
    2 – Huggies size 4 (92 ct.) ($19.99-$2 store Q-$1 manu. Q = $16.99)
    1 – Huggies Hair and Baby Wash ($1.99-$1 store Q-$1 manu. Q = FREE)
    1 – Huggies Wipes ($1.99-$1 store Q-$0.50 manu. Q = 0.50)
    Total= $37.40 inc. tax
    Plus, I will submit for the $10 gift card rebate (offer 69 in the June United Rebates booklet.)

Their program seems similar to Walgreen’s with a few exceptions. Some observations:
    - Long’s does NOT have online rebate submission yet for their United Rebates program.
    - You will need a separate store coupon for each item. (Grab extra coupon books when you go into the store.)
    - My cashier didn’t mind me getting more than the stated limit on the sales. YMMV.
    - YMMV with stacking coupons. Corporate said I could not stack a store and manufacturer coupon, but the young cashiers in the store said they hadn’t been told they couldn’t do it – that if it would scan, they would take it. All my coupons scanned without a hiccup!

Hopefully it will be as smooth and pleasant when I submit my rebate claim at the end of the month!

10. Michell says

Just a heads up. Beautyhandbook.com just came out with new cvs coupons. These coupons are open to everyone so no one should have any issues with them.